So in a couple of weeks time I’m going to be heading off to a music festival for 5 days of camping (3 days of actual festival, 1 day either side for set up/packing away). I’ve never acually camped at a music festival before but I’m SUUUUUUUPER excited!! Basically this post is going to be a list of the things I plan on taking with me, so hopefully this may be useful to any of you that are also going to a festival this summer, or you could let me know if I’ve left out anything vital!
I’m travelling to the venue by train which means I’m going to have to try and get all my stuff to fit into my camping bag (thanks DofE).
Me and my friend are going to be sharing her tent, so that’s one less thing for me to worry about at least!
- Sleeping bag
- Ground mat
- Portable phone charger
- Torch & batteries
- Camping chair (if I can actually be bothered to carry it on the day)
- Bin bags
- Water bottle
- Cash & card
- Wet wipes (and lots of them too😂)
- Toilet roll
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Mini shampoo and conditioner (if I actually brave the showers only time will tell, and if not, for a delightfull hair wash using my friend and a water bottle)
- Sunscreen (provided it’s not pissing it down the whole weekend)
- Dry shampoo (incase the showers really are shocking or if the queue is really long)
- Pain killers and hay fever tablets
- Hair brush & hair bands
- Hand sanitiser
- 3 snazzy outfits for the actual festival days
- Jogging bottoms/leggings for return day
- Rain coat because England
- Wellies because England
- Trainers that I’ll probably already have on
- Flip flops (again… incase I decide to brave the showers)
- Sweatshirt for the evenings
- Sleep wear (possibly even thermals lmao I get cold easily)
- Might even take a wooly hat to stop heat loss in the night 😂
- Sun hat/sun glasses
- Lots and lots of socks
- Bum bag (livin that hands free life)
I’ve also heard it’s a good idea to take vaporub to put under your nose before entering the toilets because they are RANK. So I may also end up doing that 😂 one trip to the loo at Vfest was enough to scar me for life so we’ll see how I cope with 5 days 😭
This list is pretty long so I’m not sure if I’ll actaually be able to make everything fit in my bag, but at least having a list seems to have silenced the constant nagging of ‘your going to forget everything and probably die’… for now; I’m sure it will come back with a vengeance once I’m in a field in the middle of nowhere (mild exaggeration, there’s a town like 20 minutes walk from the venue). The fact that there is a town so close is a pretty big comfort though as if I do end up forgetting something, then I can always just buy it from the nearest Tesco. I also haven’t included any food on my list as me and my friend are planning on just buying some cereal bars and snacks on our way to the camp site to avoid having to carry the extra weight for our entire journey there. And although food and drink is going to be expensive inside the arena… I do not trust myself with a single use barbecue and potential food poisoning.
Thank you for reading!
The small quiet one X